It’s time for another installment of things I’ve pinned and loved, and things I’ve pinned and been rather unimpressed with. I think we’ll start with the duds and end on a good note.
1. Creamy Chicken Lasagna I was not so impressed with this. I found it bland, boring, and skimpy. Stephen liked it, but it was a giant stack of cardboard, so I figured he’d eat it happily. Besides, he didn’t have to cook it. Basically, it wasn’t worth the calories for the meager serving size. I’m definitely not making it again.
2. Martha Stewart’s Tub Scrub So not worth the effort. Borax is cheaper, works better, and doesn’t involve mixing a bunch of stuff up. And, you can use it for other things besides cleaning the bathroom.
Here are some things I’ve LOVED from Pinterest since we last discussed pins:
1. Homemade Pita Bread So, I decided to follow this recipe to make pita bread from scratch. It was easy, delicious, and while slightly more caloric than store-bought pita bread, probably healthier. It doesn’t have tons of preservatives, and it doesn’t taste like cardboard. I used the dough hook on the Kitchenaid for most of the kneading, but it’s easy enough to do by hand. And I would imagine that if you had bigger kids, you could definitely get them involved with the kneading of the bread dough.
2. Yeast Rolls in 30 Minutes Ok, it actually took me more like 35 minutes. However, these were SO EASY. And delicious. They’re not the best bread I’ve ever had in my life, but for 35 minutes, very minimal kneading, and made out of things I generally have on hand, they were excellent. Actually, they were excellent even without those caveats. And I made a second batch with some rosemary and some roasted garlic paste mixed in. Those were excellent too.
3. DIY Roman Shades I made these. They were easy, and they worked well. The only problems I had were user-error, and that was my fault. I didn’t buy enough material for two and I hot-glued myself. I can’t really blame that on the tutorial creator. That being said, eventually I will make more. It only took me about an hour to make one, and that was with a huge learning curve.
Basically, I love pinterest. I hope these reviews help you out. And I hope to be more regular with this blog feature.