My friend Amanda does this. I’m straight up ganking her idea. I just thought I’d throw that disclaimer out there before I wrote my post.
1. Grocery money. This is something that I tend to take for granted. But it’s really no small thing that I can make a grocery list of things other than peanut butter and ramen, take that list to the store, put the things in my cart, and then pay for them. I’m very thankful that my husband and I can not only eat good food, but at this point in our lives, have the means to help others too. So come to my house for dinner. I will feed anyone. It’s really true.
2. A new Bible study. Just last night, I was brave (well, not that brave as I’m not exactly shy) and went to a new small group. The people were very nice and I learned something that I’m still thinking about today.
3. My husband. We’ve been hunting for a church. For a long time. We came to the conclusion that we were going to have to sort of push in somewhere. He totally stepped up and decided where we’d push in, and how. And it was good. So, wish us luck as we push in. I’m a little nervous.
4. The return of college football. It’s the most wonderful time of the year. I know that’s supposed to be Christmas, but I have a love for college football. More specifically, I have a love for my Arkansas Razorbacks.
5. It’s finally becoming more fall like. As I live in the South, I’m not willing to say that it’s totally fall, because I know there’ll likely be one more hot spell. But it’s getting there. And I love it.
What are you thankful for today?